Sunday, November 29, 2009

H.R. 3590 (The Health Bill) – It Has Been Read, Understood and Can Be Explained by Yours Truly (Part I)

I hadn’t read the health bill (H.R. 3590). I had listened to Senators and Congressmen whose opinions I trust. I saw how the insurance industry mobilized its employees and paid stooges to scream and yell at the top of their lungs. I make my political judgments that way. I don’t usually read the actual documents (as I have a job) but I’ll take a look at who cheers it and who boos it, and based upon my general affinity/hatred of the parties involved, I’ll make a decision.

Sure it’s simplistic, but that’s one more degree of judgment than most of us utilize when it comes to politics. Not all of us have the time or inclination to analyze, in any way, aspects of politics. Most of us are happy to listen to a Glenn Beck, O’Reilly, Limbaugh or Olbermann. I went a little farther. There were several sources I visited to help me make my evaluation of the push for a public health insurance program. I felt the best opinions I could get were from the health professionals themselves...

The New England Journal of Medicine

The National Medical Association

The American Nurses Association


… and of course, the people who, in general, need health care the most...

American Association for Retired Persons


… and the major unions who already worked hard to negotiate their "Cadillac plans..."

United Auto Workers

AFL-CIO

American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)


… and, unapologetically, the liberals...

The Center for American Progress

So, I support it. Now, to Read it!

No comments: